Saturday, August 7, 2010

It Must Be Love...


We have a washing machine in our kitchen so I thought I'd do a small washing. (You can see the washing machine with the round door in this picture.) I followed all of the wordless, picture directions on the door and thought I was good to go. But, the washer wouldn't start.
I called in my resident fixit person/handy man/husband to make it work. Picture him on a stool, in front of the washer door, with manual (in French) in hand, trying to figure out how to make it work. After a while he asked for the French-English dictionary and I heard, "That's what I thought it said" and "But, I did that" and other mutterings. Then, he pushed on the door, it clicked shut, and the washer started. Magic? (BTW-he says he'll never let me forget this one.)
But all is not just fun and games with washing machines, we have been exploring our neighborhood and beyond, and getting acquainted with our home in Lyon. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment