Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Flu Shot

Since my body seems to have an affinity for respiratory bugs, I ALWAYS get flu shots. I was pleased to note that many Pharmacies have had signs in the windows saying that they have flu (rhume) shots available. So we just went to our corner pharmacy so I could get a flu shot.



David told them what we wanted, paid for the shot, and they gave us a little box containing the flu shot. What I had been anticipating was something on the order of Bartell’s or Walgreen’s or Safeway pharmacies where they actually GIVE you a shot. Doesn’t look like things work that way in France.


So on the short walk home we discussed what our next steps would be. I told David I was comfortable with him giving me the shot if he thought he could do it. And, that’s what happened. I am now inoculated against all the strains of the rhume the EU has designated for the northern hemisphere, and David has yet another skill to add to his list. He did a great job, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment