Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Anna's Vice

I (Anna) like to think that I have no (okay, few) vices.  However, there does happen to be one temptation that I cannot resist whenever we come to Lyon.  You see, we are a very, very short walk away from Les Halles Paul Bocuse with all its wonderful, delicious, fairly high-end shops. 

                     

Certainly, Mons, our favorite fromagerie is not to be missed.  In fact it's our favorite place to get cheese both for ourselves and to take to dinner at at friends.  (So many cheeses, so little time!)


There are also great butcher shops, seafood merchants and restaurants, a great wine shop, a super green grocer, a bakery, etc., etc.  BUT, my very favorite is Sève.  Their cakes are works of art, and they taste wonderful.  Here are a few to give you an idea:

But, they also make macarons (not macaroons but macarons).  And, macarons in every flavor imaginable.  From mushroom and other
 flavors to every dessert flavor you could wish for.  Soooooo many choices!  And, as they say, "Succombez à la tentation de nos macarons sucrés !"  (Succumb to the temptation of our sweet macarons!)


And, the very, very best ones are Salted Caramel.   Trust me on that one - or don't, and leave more for me!  I have little will power when confronted with some of these incredibly yummy confections.  Here's my latest purchase:



It actually started out as a box of twelve, but, well, you know....  The person who waited on me actually asked me if I wanted all twelve to be Caramel.  (Definitely not a true believer!)

So, there's my story - or maybe confession is a better descriptor.  I still have two of them left, but, trust me, they won't be there tomorrow night!




 









No comments:

Post a Comment