Sunday, June 30, 2019

Bikle Trip - Day 9 to Caen and Home

Because the remnants of storm Miguel were still apparent and it was very windy, we decided that the parachute drop would probably not go off as scheduled, plus with the number of tourists, it would have been difficult to get near the site.  So, we decided to instead visit the renowned WW II and D-Day museum in Caen on Sunday and then try to get back to Lyon at a decent hour.

Sunday after breakfast at the hotel, I drove to Caen and we located the Museum.  Gérard had bought tickets online, which I forgot about when I went in and mistakenly purchased another ticket for myself.

The museum is very well done, and you can get audio guides to assist with the exhibits.  We stayed for only a couple of hours as it would take a very long time to really see everything.  I took few pictures in the Museum as photos really do not do the place justice
British Typhoon Fighter-Bomber in Museum Lobby
We left a bit after noon, trading off driving, and reached Lyon uneventfully about 9PM.  We dropped off Gérard at his place and then me.

Another extremely successful week-long adventure in France.  My responsibility for next year is to develop several ideas for and present them to the rest of the crew so we can decide what we want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment